The 2021 World Series of Poker is coming to CBS Sports and now we know when the cards will fly in Las Vegas. The richest and longest-running poker event in the world kicks off on September 30 and runs through November 23.
CBS Sports will be your home for the 2021 World Series of Poker with CBS Sports Network as the official WSOP television home. The network will broadcast 15 hours of WSOP Main Event coverage and an additional 36 hours of 18 different Gold Bracelet poker events.
“Make no mistake, the 2021 WSOP will be the real deal and we’re gearing up for a full house. players can celebrate., ” said WSOP executive director Ty Stewart, who is presiding over his 16th WSOP. “We’re thrilled to offer a full program of must-see events, including all of our flagship products and the variety players deserve. ”
In total, there will be 88 bracelet events at this edition of the WSOP, with the first, the Casino Employees $ 500 No-Limit Hold ’em event, at 11 a.m. PT on September 30. The largest single tournament, the Main Event, will have a two-day staggered start for four different flights on November 4 and 5, with the Main Event final table scheduled for November 16 and 17. Over 8,000 participants took part in the Main Event in 2019, the last time the full WSOP was held in person. The 2020 Main Event started online and ended with Damian Salas winning a heads-up in January at the Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas.
You can see the full schedule of the 88 bracelet events here, and some of the new and notable items for the 2021 World Series of Poker are below:
Reunion No-Limit Hold ’em
- Dated: Friday October 1
- Join: $ 500
- Guaranteed pot: $ 5,000,000
- What there is to know: Only the WSOP could put a guarantee on the opening weekend requiring more than 10,000 participants. Players can choose from three departing flights on Friday, Saturday and Sunday – or play them all.
Heads Up No-Limit Hold’em Championship
- Dated: Tuesday, October 5
- Join: $ 25,000
- What there is to know: The annual WSOP Heads Up Championship aims for prestige with an increase to $ 25,000 and a cap of 64 players, certain to be a list of the world’s elite.
Return of old-fashioned gels
- Appointment: October 6, 13, 18, 21 and 24
- What there is to know: The Main Event is no longer the only pure freeze in the WSOP. Starting October 6, each popular buy-in level from $ 500 to $ 5,000 will provide a real lock-in.
WSOP Main Event
- Appointment: Thursday November 4 Wednesday November 17
- Join: $ 10,000
- What there is to know: Thousands of players from all over the world come together in the most famous poker tournament. the $ 10,000 buy-in No-Limit Hold ’em tournament is the flagship event of the WSOP and has been won by many of the world’s greatest players.
Poker Hall of Fame Bonus
- Dated: Wednesday November 17th
- Join: $ 1,979
- What there is to know: As a tribute to the Poker Hall of Fame (PHOF) which began in 1979, living Hall of Fame members will be invited to participate for free in the $ 1,979 No-Limit Hold ’em tournament open to all players. Each participating player will receive a bonus corresponding to the year they were inducted into the most exclusive poker club in poker and the PHOF 2021 inductee will be announced.